Thursday, July 11, 2013

GREAT Dog-scoveries in Ruidoso!

I hear through the BARK-VINE that there are some new DISCOVERIES waiting for me to find them in one of my favorite places...RUIDOSO!  So here we come http://www.discoverruidoso.com/Ruidoso...ready to Roll with the good times!



And speakin' of rolling....look at this ol-timey Water Wheel! Right at the Old Mill.   It really dates back into the history books of old Ruidoso....and makes for a pretty doggone cool photo op too, don't you think?

But first things first.  I need to check into my pup-preferred hotel...the Lodge At Sierra Blanca.http://www.thelodgeatsierrablanca.com/

Believe I need some check-in assistance too!
And take a look at THIS fine welcome.....a special dog treat goodie bag for me!  Presented in fine style right upon check-in.  YUP-PUP....MY kinda hotel for sure! Thanks Lodge at Sierra Blanca...you sure do know how to treat ALL your guests in fine style!
I just LOVE the digs...er decor here.  Pretty snazzy from the Public areas to

the roomy and comfy suites.  It's ALL good.  But here are some things that I discovered this trip that I just didn't doggone know....or maybe they are just new add-ons.  AND here is ONE FOR THE BOOKS!  For all you scavenger hunters out there.....guess what the Lodge at Sierra Blanca has!
                                                                                                                                               
                                                                   GEOCACHING! 
Why even us dogs get into this modern day type of treasure hunting.  Oh...and here is a tip for you Jack-Traveler-Followers.  I left a special suprise in the geocache box.  Maybe YOU will find it!  This is just too doggone fun...and it's right AT the
  BUT...that's not all you'll find here!  Why this is THE PLACE to hang out if you are in the IN-CROWD!  While I was there (my good dog-luck!) the contestants for Miss New Mexico 2013 were contesting!  And  I ran into Miss Outstanding Teen 2012....the gorgeous...and sweet too! Natalie Benson from Santa Fe.  Thanks for sharin' a pic with me Miss Beauty Queen....I sure do agree with those judges that picked YOU!

And from Beauty to Beast.....why I even ran into one of MY KIND who is another Travellin' Pup...only SHE has one up on me....do dog tell!
Her name is Harley (GO FIGURE) and she's ridin' shotgun in her own Puppy Palace right on the back of her people-Roy's true blue Harley!  Now THAT is what I call travelin' in Style Harley!  You got my paws-up approval on a grand way to see the world.  She traveled to Ruidoso all the way from San Angelo TX in that open-air car-traption thingy!  I think I'm JEALOUS!  But don't believe I would fit in that little space.  Guess I'll hold out for my own Sidecar.....HEAR THAT JILL?????  Sure was nice meetin' up with you Harley.  Hope our paw paths cross again!  You just keep GOin', now you hear!



   And speakin' of GO.....it's time to get rolling and GO do some more explorin' around Ruidoso.  Wonder if their SHOPPING is pet-friendly? HMMMMM????!!!!! 
First stop on Sudderth Avenue (that's Main Street shopping for you not in the know) at this fine jewelry establishment.  Jill has been hinting around for some new jewelry...and Mitchell's Fine Jewelry might just be the spot.  BUT....here's the question...ARE THEY PET FRIENDLY?  www.mitchellssilver.net

That they are!  HOT DOG!  Does this pup know how to shop or WHAT!?!  I kinda like this authentic Native American Squash Blossom necklace....what about you guys?  Pretty nice, eh?  And they even brought out a bowl of water for a thirsty pup--that would be ME!  Thanks Mitchell's Jewelry...you gals are TOPs in my book! 

But....aw-oh....all this shopping has made me hungry.  Are theree pet-friendly eateries in Ruidoso?  That's my next challenge.  Let's check this place out...it has a patio!



TINA'S PLACE....and yippee!  It IS pet-friendly! Let's settle down in their comfy seating on their shady PETIO and have a bite to eat.  Now THAT is a doggone grand plan if ya ask me!
YUM...a green chile cheeseburger plate with their homemade Potato Salad...and get this LAVENDER LEMONADE!  Now that will quench even a People's thrist just fine and dandy!  And reasonable prices too!  And everyone...even TINA came out to say hi to me!  Now I call that pet-friendly!

But it's time to get back to shopping a bit more before the end of the day.  What is THAT I spy in that window?
HOW MUCH IS THAT DOGGIE IN THE WINDOW?  I better check this out furr sure!
It's inside this cute little boutique called Coco B's.  I gotta check out this shop for sure.  It's got gal bling and things galore...but what about us pups?

ANOTHER fine Dog-scovery by Travelin' Jack!  They have homemade dog treats for sale...and some doggy bling too!  WoW who woulda thought!  This is one cool boutique!  I highly recommend the dog biscuits and more.......Thanks Coco B's! www.cocobsboutique.com


But it's time to call it a day.  So back to our suite at the Lodge at Sierra Blanca.  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz   see you Manana!

It's a New Day...and of dog-course we gotta start out with a healthy breakfast, right?  YUP!  And there's TWO discoveries here!  ONE...made to order breakfasts hot off the chef's grill.  I want my omelette with LOTS of meat, okay Mr. Chef?  Thanks a dog-zillion!  TWO we can eat outside on the patio at the Lodge at Sierra Blanca...that means us pups can pawticipate in breakfast time and THREE (bonus fact) This fabulous breakfast made-to-order is FREE!  Comes with the room!  Now that is one Dog-Heck of a deal if I do bark so myself!  You just GOTTA stay at the Lodge at Sierra Blanca when you visit Ruidoso.  http://www.thelodgeatsierrablanca.com/

But a new day means new adventures....and I hear there is a new big deal at Ski Apache.  And it's happening even this summer up at the Ski Area.




Today I'm heading to Ski Apache Ski Area to check out the Summer Gondola Ride to the top of the  mountain.  I hear through the DOG-VINE that a dog can ride FREE of charge on your brand new gondola.  Is that true?  IT IS?????  Yippee!  Sign Me Up For a Ride PULEEZE....http://www.skiapache.com/
Pretty snazzy looking Gondola, if ya ask this pup!  HMMMMM.....red or green (well maybe turquoise)....which color should I choose?   And I hear it holds up to 8 peoples/dogs in each gondola.  That is one dog-fabulous addition to Ski Apache this year!  Way to Go!  Got my Paw of Approval.....but let's ride this baby...OKAY?
WoW! Comfy enough for all us adventurous types! Like my buddies here makin' room for li'l ol' me!
Wow...take a look at that view wouldja?  Pretty doggone cool to be riding in style and watching this world pass me by.  This is FUN for dog-sure!
Top of the Mountain...and I do believe I'm on Top of the World!  Wooh Doggies! 

This was one cool trip!  I HIGHLY recommend this summer gondola ride for People AND dogs too! But there's one more adventure on the way home......I hear tell that the world's most famous bear....our very own SMOKEY BEAR is right in this neck o the woods (so to bark!), so I'm gonna check it out!  I'm heading for the Smokey Bear Historical Park in Capitan...where that baby bear cub got his paws all burned in a forest fire many years ago.
And here we are.  Now here's a bit of a tidbit of info for you pet travelers out there.  The Museum is NOT pet-friendly...bad news....BUT the Gift Shoppe IS pet-friendly!  So we paid a visit in this very pet friendly spot...that doubles as a Smokey Museum and Gift Shop.  I'm thinking I need my very own Smokey Bear...wonder if they have any?  www.smokeybearpark.com
AND the answer is YES!  Lots of them cute little oso guys!  How many can I buy Jill?  ALL of them?  WHAT I have to leave some for others!  DOG-nab it all!  But at least I can have one can't I?  YAH! Now that is what I call a doggone good ending to a great little trip to Ruidoso New Mexico!  I think I just about hit all the top spots.....but then you never know. I might just have to go back again  soon to make sure I didn't miss some other grand discovery!

But for now....it's Doggy Down Time on the way back home.  Till next time.

DOGGY HUGS AND SLURPY KISSES!






No comments:

Post a Comment