Tuesday, October 20, 2009


Greetings again from Dog-ville! Continuing on about my great experience at 'Lighter Than Air Fair' I just HAFTA tell you about a super discovery I made at the Anderson Abruzzo Balloon Museum during Balloon Fiesta. I discovered some of my long-lost canine cousins! That's right! Amazing as that may sound, the city of Albuquerque sent over their traveling animal adoption unit to the festival on the lawn. Remember I told you last time how PET FRIENDLY the festival was? Well here's further proof! Lo and behold this great van arrived on the grounds, and the nice ladies working and driving the van set up these portable pens...and LO and BEHOLD!!!! out come some of the cutest of my long lost canine cousins you could imagine. Now when I say, long lost, that is not entirely true...I had never met these canine cousins before now...but they ARE my cousins none-the-less. And poor things....I could relate to this as my beginnings were at a shelter as well....they are looking for their forever families....someone wonderful and kind to adopt them.
What could I do but get up close and personal with them and share my happy ending story of adoption! Let me tell you...were they glad to hear that there are good people out there looking to adopt! And they are now more hopeful since I relayed my success story with them!!! As a matter of fact, Lucky Paws adopted over 20 animals during 'Lighter Than Air Fair'.....and I'd call that a barking success! Now we just need to find good homes for all my other canine cousins. They deserve a wonderful family too! And I also heard through the dog-vine that there are similar animal adoption organizations everywhere! So if you are not in Albuquerque reading this blog...just check out your town's animal shelter and you are sure to find some cute, cuddly little critter waiting just for you!

signing off for now and as always with.....

....doggie hugs and slurpy kisses!

No comments:

Post a Comment