Thursday, June 30, 2011

SUMMER TUBING.....FOR DOGS OR NOT FOR DOGS.....THAT IS THE QUESTION!!!!


OK...so I need to explain.  As we all know Travelin' Jack LUV's Red River...snazzy ski resort, great town, fab dog lodging options...dogcetera.  But here's a new twist on the fab winter skiing at Red River Ski Area.....it's called SUMMER TUBING. 

And here is the deal... I got a phone call on the PuP Line the other day.  It was none other than my FAV ski bunny, Lauren from Red River Ski Area.  Seems they have added this RAD new Summer Tubing Hill for the kids and the big sized people too!  And it also seems that they are getting requests for DOGS to ride the run!  So, being the very in-the-know place, they called on the #1 Canine Adventurer...and that of course would be MOI-Travelin' Jack!  Here's how the call went:

"Ruff-LO?"
"Hey Travelin' Jack....Red River Ski Area here.  We've got a pup-prosition for you.  We need to test out our new super-dooper Summer Tubing Hill...and we need to do a PUP-TEST run---Are you up for it?"
"WHHAAAAAA???? Tubing down the side of a mountain? That may be the most dog-riculous idea I've ever heard!  So SURE...doggone it...Travelin' Jack is ON THE JOB!"
   

So off we went to Red River New Mexico...to check out this dog-fangled great new adventure sport.



Once I got a dog's-eye view of the Tubing Hill and Track I took a pup-sized GULP and said...."Let's Ride This BABY!" 
 
 So we grabbed a Tube, climbed on board the conveyer lift....notice I kept my paws firmly planted on the REGULAR walk-way...no moving belts for me thank you very much!  And Then we DID IT.  We launched!
 I took a cozy seat atop Lauren...my personal tubing pilot...and thought HMMM this is a piece of cake!
 Pretty cool view from this angle!
                                           And then we hit the big dipper...WOAH NELLIE!
                                                 WOAH WHAT"S HAPPENIN? 
                                              HANG ON FOR DAWG LIFE!
                                             EEEEHHHH.....this thing is flyin' down the race course!
AAAH-OH-Gravity is kickin' in.......we're SPINNING! 
 
 LET ME OUTTA HERE.....PULEESE?!?!
                                                        AAAARRRGGGHHH! 
                                             ARE WE GONNA MAKE IT???????
                                WHEW.....we DID make it down alive Thank-Dogness!!!!
So what's the final concensus you ask? Well here it is....straight from the dog's mouth!

PAWS UP FOR PEOPLE!
PAWS DOWN FOR PUPS!
Here's my recommendation to all my 4-footed furry cousins out there---leave the slippin' and slidin' and twirlin' and bumpin' on the summer tubing hill to the 2-footed folks.  BE A SMART PUP and cool your paws on the sideline in the cool green grass of Red River!

New Mexico's Canine Travel Reporter signing off now....Doggie Hugs and Slurpy Kisses!

2 comments:

  1. Hey would you mind letting me know which web host you're utilizing? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different internet browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a reasonable price? Kudos, I appreciate it!
    waterjet cutting services

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Puppies for sale near me

    ReplyDelete