Friday, September 28, 2012

FOOD for Thought!

I was sittin' around the other afternoon at the Elkhorn Lodge in Chama...you know that's my 2nd home...where it's my job to ensure all our pet-traveler-guests are well taken care of at the Lodge!  Dog-portant job if ya ask me! 
Why..it really IS dog-portant...and here's how I can prove it to ya!  There's this pawsome dog company named Desert Willow Aussies....(that's short for Australian Shepherds......which by the way don't look a THING like me, but that's OK....he's still my brother if ya know what I mean!)  Anyway..to get back to the story...they are planning this big Aussie Reunion...and they came out to the Elkhorn Lodge to check it out to see if it was good enough for these travelin' dogs and their people.

And what do I have to do...but ensure that they get the full 4-legged Woof-elcome!
 So first we had a little sit down to talk about things....you know all the important dog-tails of the upcoming event......here's Mr. Augustus Macrae (Gus for short), he's a beauty don't you dog-gree?  Along with his little poodle brother Peedie...and their Mom...Miss Theresa.  Now that's one dog-dandy group let me tell you!  I got to know them pretty doggone well and made sure they are the real thing!  They are!
But once work was done, I had to show them around....so we headed down to the Rio Chama to take a little dip and all.  Yup..that did the Trick.  They dogcided to choose Chama and the Elkhorn Lodge for their Reunion...and I am pretty doggone excited! It's not everyday you get to host dogs from ALL over the USA!     YUP-pup.........It just rocks..if ya know what I mean!



                                                               Job #1 DONE! 
They're off....and I'm still on the job here at the Elkhorn Lodge.  But BACK to the subject at paw....FOOD FOR THOUGHT!  Now THAT's a subject I can get serious about!  LUV my food...in case you couldn't tell!

And being a dog-serious Pet Product Reviewer (one of my dog-zillion jobs ya know!), I have to test out these different foods and things every so dog-often.  And what did I get in the mail the other day..but a handy dandy  TREAT BAG from Fresh Pet!  WoW! Was I dog-cited!  Now this is what I LIKE!   A cool Fresh Pet lunch bag filled with dog treats.  And even a little puzzle game called BACON! 
.NOW this was just too good to wait around for....

...so I rounded up my dog-sister Roxie...and invited her to a FRESH PET Bacon Party!  They have these cool new treats...Turkey Bacon for dogs made with real turkey....naturally wood-smoked...fresh from the fridge..now THAT's what I'm barkin' about!  They are called Dognation....(hint Look for it in the special Fresh Pet Fridge in your local store in the Pet Food Section).....


  Bein' the gentleman dawg that I am...I shared the first tasty tidbit with Roxie....YUP!  Passed the Pup-Test!  AND let me tell you...Roxie can be picky...but not today...not with this tasty Dognation Turkey Bacon Treat! It was gone fast!    But HEY...where's MINE?  Did ya forget about me?
OKay..that's better!  Give it to me PULEEZE!  I'm starvin' here!
Double Dog YUM!
Gone!  (but not forgotten, I dog-guarantee!)
 Thanks FRESH PET!  That was one yummy Bacon Party!   

But I've just started!....I'm on a roll now on this all important subject of food.  And my little bacon party got me started thinking about ALL my favorite foods......which leads me to the dinner table. ....
                              HEY....what's cookin?  I'm ready already!  Where's my dinner?
OKAY that's more like it!  And what's for dinner tonight you ask?  Well of dog-course it would be my FAVORITE dinner....ROYAL CANIN Bouledogue 24 (that would be FRENCH for Bulldog 24!) 
Yes it is true this Olde English Bulldogge even understands French even if I do bark it with a British accent!
But mostly about how to get down to bulldogge business.....yum....double yum....triple YUM!
 And check this out!  What makes Royal Canin SO fabulous is that it is not just dog-licious...but it's formulated JUST for us bulldogs....special ingredients (especially good for my bulldog joint health) tasty AND nutricious and shaped in this wavy design....makin' it easy for us bulldogs to eat!  Now THAT is one cool company that thinks about ALL those dog-portant things for us pups! Oh...and just in case YOUR dog is not a bulldog...no problemo!  They have your breed specially for your dog too!  Thanks Royal Canin! 

 ....BUT...wait just a doggone minute!  We're not finished yet.  A proper dinner for a proper Brit dawg MUST include  a very tasty and dog-licious dessert!  And I make sure Jill gets MY favorite dessert treats from our local dog treatery...THREE DOG BAKERY!  Now that is a concept I can get my teeth around!  A bakery JUST for dogs!    

And take a look at these treats wouldja?  WoW!  Now this is for dog-sure a TRIPLE DOG TREAT!
Peanut Mutter Cookie
a tasty Pawline
and a fluff-yummy Halloween Pup-Tart!
Now THAT is what the cookie doctor ordered for dog-sure!  Yessiree doggie!  Three Dog Bakery!    Dog-DEFINITELY my personal favorite shop in Albuquerque! 
And I hear through the bark-vine..they've got your pup's favorite treat there waitin' just for him!  Better head over there quick! Let your pup select his or her dog-personal favorite from the yummy selections in the Bakery Showcase!

 For now...I'm ALMOST finished with my dinner.....BUT...not before I clean my teeth!  That's right.....I want to keep my dog-teeth clean and healthy...AND no dog-breath for me...no sirree doggie!  I must ensure that  ALL my friends and fans will welcome my slurpy kisses...so what does this dog do about that?

Why I finish my meal with none other than the Original Smart Treat...
GREENIES! It's the Total Oral Health Solution! 

 I dog-personally choose the Senior Large Greenies.  Why you ask?  Well, I'm NOT a senior but I do want to take good care of my Joints and in addition to this tasty treat, they include Glucosamine and Chondroitin..and that's just PAWfect for this Pup!

Yes, it's true I'm a V.I.D.  (very important dog)...and I eat like a King with all my dog-fav foods.....but here's the good news for all you other dogs out there!  You too can eat these foods that are fit for any king or queen pup (and kitties too!) with these tasty and healthy food choices.....all available in your favorite pet store or on-line for dog-personal delivery too!

 I'm Travelin' Jack...and I dog-dorse these products!  Now that's FOOD for Thought, wouldn'cha say?!?

DOGGIE HUGS AND SLURPY KISSES!  















No comments:

Post a Comment