BUT....with that barked...out loud, please take a little time for Pet Safety too! It's hot out there...and we dogs are just the 'sensitive type'....especially when it comes to heat. Why I came across this handy guide put out by The UncommonDog that bein' the good guy I am, I thought I'd share it with you!
And before you hit the road
1) KEEP YOUR PET HYDRATED! Always carry extra water and a travel bowl with you when you are riding in the car.
2) TAKE A HIKE! With all the right accessories of course! Put a 'cool' wetted bandanna on your pet while you hike...and make sure to carry extra water for Fido. That trail gets dry and dusty to a dog too!
3) BE KOOL! As in temperature....Don't let your pet get overheated. Plan stops and shady spots for Fido where he can stay cool, calm and comfortable.
4) NEVER LEAVE YOUR PET IN THE CAR ALONE! Car heat kills! Simple as that. Dogs feel the heat much quicker than humans, and even a few minutes is too long in an enclosed car. The best thing to do...Take Fido with you....or DON'T take him along. Be safe!
5) BOOTIES FOR THE DOG. Remember, if the pavement is too hot for your feet...it's too hot for Fido's feet too! Either put some dog booties on him when walking on pavement...or look for grassy areas to walk...or carry him. Don't let those little dog pads get burned!
I know....it's COMMON DOG SENSE, right? But I just want to make sure that when you plan YOUR Pet-Cation with your little Fido...he has a fun, happy, and SAFE trip too! Happy Travels!
DOGGY HUGS AND SLURPY KISSES!