but I'm not sure if they meant a bigger head! Yup...it's true. I'm still riding high from my win at the Governor's Conference on tourism. I had to get a whole new wardrobe. Here I am sportin' my "Big is Always Better" Muscle Guy t-shirt, but I have some other favorites that I'll be modeling soon.
This blog, though, is a whole bag of mixed up bones! Thought you might get a charge out of the Doggie's 10 Commandments. My TV Boss and Idol, Richard Holcomb, of Travel Guide New Mexico put me onto this great piece...so here you have it! Enjoy.
A Pet's 10 Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. But i have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand (all) your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you...and yet I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, perhaps I have been in the sun too long, perhaps my heart is getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.
10. On the ultimate journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them. Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.
So...from me to you....thanks to Richard for sharing this...and thanks to the great people-person who wrote it...and thanks to my Jill for always loving me so much. I do so love my people family!
Have a doggone grand day!