Monday, May 16, 2011

A Little Helping Paw!


HOWDY there Travelin' Jack fans & friends!  It's that time again! Time for Travelin' Jack to get to work helping find new Forever Families for my furry friends awaitin' to be adopted.  And there are a whole slew of cutie pies out there!  Why just recently, I attended the Grand Re-Opening of the Eastside City Shelter.  The Mayor came to cut the ribbon together with my good pal, Director Barbara Bruin.  And a DOG-Dandy job they did of welcoming everyone and cuttin' that big ol' ribbon with a GI-GANTUOUS pair of scissors. Jill and I were just soakin' up the rays and the good times! 
Afterwards there were all sorts of fun things to do...why most EVERYONE who is ANYONE in the pet world was there....and of course the cute pups and kitties waitin' to be adopted. And GUESS WHAT...this little gal, NIKA was adopted that same day. She's now happily living in her new forever home with the Wilsons and their other pooch, Buster! So she is one happy gal! 
 It was a grand day.    

And it was a DOUBLE GRAND day for makin' people friends too!  Why, I just met the Koolest Kiddo ever--CAS! He and I made a KANINE KONNECTION to write home about!  He liked me...I LUVed him...and we were just there havin' a good ol' time..why it's one of my favorite things to do in the world....makin' NEW friends!  Thanks CAS for bein' my new bud!  You are Just the Dog's Meow....er somethin' like that!!!!! 

But that was LAST week.  We did adopt some furry kids but guess what!?! THERE's MORE out there waitin' for their new family......and this coming weekend is THE BIG weekend!  I'll be dog-ticipating in two.....2....fab animal events....and YOU ARE INVITED! 
    
The first one is a grand event for Watermelon Mountain Ranch.  WMR is Rio Rancho's NO-KILL shelter that does Dog-fabulous things for furry kids.  They take em in, they doctor em, they feed em, they love em ...but most of all, they look for great families for their four-footed kids.  This weekend they are hosting the 2nd annual DOG DAYZ  on Saturday, May 21st at Cottonwood Classical Preparatory School.  The address is 1776 Montano Blvd. NW and there are all sorts of fun things going on from 9AM to 1PM.

What kind of fun things you ask?  Well, there's a Puppy Parade, a Pet Obstacle Course, Pet Costume Contest......Breakfast, Lunch, Neat Things to buy for your Pet...and more! And ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT WATERMELON MOUNTAIN RANCH!

So dress up Fido...and head on over. I'll be there having a good time and Paw-digraphing my book...to benefit Watermelon Mountain Ranch too! 
AND it's double duty time!  On Saturday & Sunday, the Albuquerque City Shelter is hostin' New Mexico's LARGEST pet adoption and pet education event for ALL pet lovers in the state of New Mexico!   It's none other than FETCH-apaloozaAn all day event both Saturday & Sunday, May 21-22 from 10-4, it takes place on the lawn at the Albuqueruque Journal.  There will be pets of ALL sizes, shapes, color, and age! IF you've been hankerin' for a new family member...well, let me tell you-THIS is THE place to BEPetco will be there with other pet-style folks too!  It's goin' to be a SLAM-DOG-DUNK-DANDY DAY!  

And I'll be there on Sunday.....paw-digraphing my book....and of course....handin' out my slurpy kisses to whoever wants one! 

I'm hopin' to see you at either place...or better yet BOTH places! So come on over! We'll have a DOGGONE grand time, I dog-guarantee!

Doggie Hugs and Slurpy Kisses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment