Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gallup is Just Grand!









Well, I just had a doggone grand time in Gallup at the Inter-Tribal Ceremonial. So much to bark about...where's a pup-journalist to begin!?!

Well, maybe at my posh digs at the brand new Comfort Suites! Not only does the bed rank dog-comfy (don't tell the GM on me and my spoiled ways!) but I even got treated BIG time....toys and yummy treats waitin' just for me in my suite!

Then off to the Inter-Tribal Ceremonial. There were dancers and people to watch..why even Rodeo Queens (yup...I've got a thing for beauty queens and this little Rodeo gal was one dog-dandy find!) Saw her at the Ceremonial AND in the parade atop her mighty horse! WoW.

And what kind of trip doesn't include shopping? No better place than the historic Richardson Trading Post....visited with the grand dame of Richardson's,....Francis Richardson herself!....checked out the wares LOTS of them tucked into this fabtabulous mercantile...and a weaver too! Saw the wool both on the ball and on this friendly sheep too!

I even ran into some high ranking Politicos here....U.S. Representative Ben Ray Lujan.

Well, I could go on and on and on about Gallup...but hey...maybe, just MAYBE you should gallop on over to Gallup...and discover this gem of a town yourself!....AND make plans to attend NEXT year's Inter-Tribal Ceremonial. It is a Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment