Balloons....balloons and more balloons! What a sight to see!
Balloon Museum! AND dogs are invited FREE on the lawn! WoW...now that's what I call a bully of a bargain! I'M THERE!
Some folks like to get up high on the Museum viewing area......eye level with the colorful orbs passing you by! Pretty doggone snazzy eh?
And here is a dandy activity for everyone...dogs included! The Lighter Than Air Fair...it is every day of Balloon Fiesta. And dogs are allowed at the festival and on the lawn.
And of dog-course! There is art! HMMMM...this one seems mighty fine from my dog-spective!
Yep Albuquerque sure does know how to throw one heck of a party! This year is the festival's 40th Anniversary and it goes till October 9th...so get those paws a trackin to ABQ! You won't be sorry I dog-guarantee!..... And bring the Dogs WITH you...because there's some dog-dandy things to do around town after you watch the balloons float away in the sky.....like.......
Trolley....YEP..that's right...this great tour around town in the open air trolley is just dog-dandy for people...for kids...and even for dogs!
Church Street Cafe....one of my VERY FAVORITE places in the whole doggone world!
2) The Balloon Musuem Lawn is the only pet-friendly place at Balloon Fiesta. Dogs (except for service dogs) are not allowed on the Balloon Field...too many loud noises for us 4-footed kids...we get scared of that noisy inflation.
3) MANY hotels and B&Bs...and even restaurants are PET-FRIENDLY in Albuquerque....just do your research in advance. And book too, because the whole town books up for Balloon Fiesta!
4) There are a good number of Balloon Fiesta created RV parks right near the Fiesta grounds. Many folks who travel with their dogs drive their RV and stay right near the field with their dogs. A great way to travel in my dog-pinion!
5) Always make sure you have your pet ID'd.....just in case there is a runaway pup......true for any trip but even more so with all these noisy balloons overhead!
6) If you want to watch ABQ's famous Balloon Glow at night...here's an idea for you and your dog! There are many car-viewing spots toward Tramway Blvd where you can park your car with your dog too....and watch the glow of the balloons at night! FREE fun with Fido!
7) Albuquerque has MANY fine dog-parks, doggie boutiques, doggie day spas, doggie bakeries and more...so if you need some special treatment for Fluffy....NO PROBLEMO...ABQ is VERY pet friendly!
8) Make sure to plan ahead for your lodging and your fun times at Albuqerque's Balloon Fiesta! This is one big party with over 800,000 visitors annually.....just make sure YOU are one of them!
And here's some more fun facts about our Balloon Fiesta!
•Balloon Fiesta mass ascensions include 600 balloons--or more.
•Mass ascensions of about 700 balloons take about two hours.
•The Balloon Fiesta is the largest ballooning event on the earth.
•The Balloon Fiesta is the most photographed event on the planet.
•The Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta is the largest annual international event held in the U.S.
• Balloon Fiesta's launch fields total the size of 54 football fields.
•100 special shape balloons will take part in Balloon Fiesta 2011
-The Special Shape Rodeo™ in the morning and Glowdeo™ in the evening will take place Oct. 6 and 7
Doggie Hugs and Slurpy Kisses!